Jonathan Davies recently appeared in Secretary of State for Justice v Lown  IRLR 22 (circumstances in which Employment Judge substitutes his own view)
cases & work of note
Recent and reported cases include:
- Dippenaar v Bethnal Green Academy, EAT, Langstaff J UKEAT/0064/15/JOJ Harvey on Employment Law Bulletin 448 November 2015
Correct application of the statutory burden of proof provisions in the context of indirect discrimination claims under the Equality Act 2010.
- Secretary of State for Justice v Lown  IRLR 22
Circumstances in which Employment Judge substitutes his own view.
- Croesus v the Bradshaws  EWHC 3685 QB
Injunctive relief in business protection case.
- Greenwood v NWF Retail  ICR 896, EAT
Employment Tribunal’s duty to give reasons.
- Kulkarni v. Milton Keynes NHS Foundation Trust  IRLR 829, CA
Right to legal representation in internal disciplinary proceedings.
- Mezey v SW London & St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust (No.2)  IRLR 512 CA
Enforcement of contractual disciplinary procedures by way of injunctive relief.
- Rice and Thompson v. Secretary of State for Trade and Industry  ICR 1469, CA
Workplace duties of care in negligence.
- McKie v. Swindon College  IRLR 575, QBD
- GX Networks Ltd v. Greenland  IRLR 991, CA
Contractual commission dispute.