85 Fleet Street
T +44 (0) 20 7427 5000
F +44 (0) 20 7353 0425
DX LDE 421
Christmas Opening Hours
Wednesday 23rd December – 8.30am – 6.30pm
Thursday 24th December – 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 25th December – Closed
Monday 28th December – Closed
Tuesday 29th December – 10am – 4pm
Wednesday 30th December – 10am – 4pm
Thursday 31st December – 10am – 4pm
Friday 1st January – Closed
Monday 4th January – 8.30am – 6.30pm
We will be open on 29th, 30th and 31st December, albeit operating a skeleton staff team to deal with urgent queries/cases and on reduced opening hours of 10 am – 4pm. Our usual switchboard number (020 7427 5000) will be in operation throughout that time.
We are of course also available for emergency assistance as usual outside those hours, contact details can be found below.
Serjeants’ Inn frequently deals with urgent occurrences such as injunctions and provides a twenty-four hour service for matters requiring immediate assistance. For help outside our normal working hours of 08.30 to 18.30 please see the contact details below. You can call our normal office number 020 7427 5000 to hear the list of emergency numbers. For further information on our emergency assistance service please click here.
Clare Sabido, Clerk
Chambers mobile: 07785 736844
Tom O’Connor, Clerk
Mobile: 07932 439046
Individual email addresses are generally available on our website profiles: please click here for a list of barrister and staff profiles.
COVID-19 and the operation of Chambers: important information for our clients and contacts
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking various steps – to reduce risks to our clients, contacts, barristers and staff while ensuring the efficient operation of Chambers – as follows:
- Since 20.03.20 all barristers and staff are working from home.
- We will have full access to our system and emails will be dealt with as usual. Calls to Chambers will be forwarded to the relevant mobiles, but if – wherever possible – you could email rather than telephone us, it would greatly help us in maintaining the swift and effective service we would always want to give you.
- We understand that you may well want to have a conversation but if you email us first – if possible with brief details of your enquiry – we will call you back promptly. If you do not have the email address of the person you wish to communicate with, please use email@example.com.
- We will be liaising as necessary to arrange for conferences to be conducted by either telephone or video.
- We are also asking that material is provided digitally rather than in hard copy format. If you have to provide papers in hard copy please email us and we will be in touch to discuss a solution.
Members of Chambers have produced a number of blog posts and articles on issues arising from Coronavirus in our practice areas: these are available here.
In these unprecedented times our barristers are available as usual for remote access hearings, mediations, RTMs and meetings. As a result of the many emergency medical treatment applications which we have conducted by telephone with out-of-hours judges over numerous years, we are well placed to advise as to whether any particular hearing or other process should be conducted remotely, bearing in mind the interests of the client as well as other relevant factors in each case.
Our team have significant expertise with remote working by Skype, Skype for Business, Zoom, MS Teams, and Blue Jeans, and we would also be happy to discuss the practicalities and set up.
We look forward to continuing our effective working relationship with you during the pandemic and wish you well in these testing times.
Chambers opening times
Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 6:30pm
Building access for delivery purposes is between the hours of 6:00am to 10:00pm and 6.30am-4.30pm at weekends.
If you need to contact chambers outside of these hours please see contact details for our emergency assistance below.
Chambers is centrally located on Fleet Street within easy walking distance of the High Court and all the Inns of Court. It is easily accessible by all forms of public transport. Limited car parking is available by prior arrangement. Serjeants’ Inn is fully accessible to the disabled.