Privacy and Policing: The Explosion of Article 8
30th November 2017
This one-day event will draw on our police team’s experience to provide a detailed, practical and strategic look at claims arising from breaches of Article 8.
The conference will cover key themes, practice and recent cases across the following topics:
- The private life of police officers: Article 8 and police misconduct
John Beggs QC
- Courting publicity: police, the media, and criminal investigations
George Thomas and Frances McClenaghan
- Freedom of Information, Data Protection and policing: an update
Elliot Gold and Anthony Searle
- Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and vetting: a legal journey
- The police in the Investigatory Powers Tribunal: surveillance and Article 8
- Human Rights Act damages claims: the cost of breaching Article 8
Angus Moon QC and Cecily White
- Q&A panel discussion
The day, which will start with registration at 10 am, will include a networking sandwich lunch and will finish with an informal drinks reception at around 4 pm. The conference is free of charge and will take place at a central London venue. The conference will be attended by various Serjeants’ Inn barristers and staff, in addition to our speakers.
To sign up for this seminar please submit your details in the form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Back to index