Public & Administrative
Jamie has experience of public and administrative law matters engaging healthcare provision, social care funding, human rights law, and s13 CJA 2009 applications to re-open coronial proceedings. Jamie’s recent cases include:
- Acting for a CCG in a judicial review action challenging care and accommodation arrangements for a young man with serious heath difficulties and learning disability.
- Led by Angus Moon KC, representing an NHS Trust in litigation concerning the suspension of a specialist clinic at an NHS hospital, including assisting the Tryst with an application for an urgent injunction.
- A dispute between two local authorities over where an elderly woman was ordinarily resident for the purposes of the Care Act 2014 and responsibility for DOLS: Jamie drafted submissions to the Secretary of State which were accepted with the matter being resolved in his client’s favour.
- Representing a local authority in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.
- Representing the successful Defendant in King Arthur Pendragon v The English Heritage Trust at trial where the Claimant alleged his human rights under Articles 9, 10, 11 and 14 ECHR were infringed by parking charges at Stonehenge. The case received substantial media attention, from the Salisbury Journal to the New York Post.