Clinical Negligence & Healthcare
Anthony Haycroft secures an order of conditions for a dentist facing numerous allegations of clinical safety issues
Click here for full news story
“Meticulous in his preparation and superb in his delivery.”
The Legal 500
Experience and expertise
In clinical negligence, Anthony’s practice covers all areas including obstetrics, gynaecology, brain injury, oncology and cerebral palsy.
His personal injury practice encompasses brain injury, child abuse, criminal injuries compensation, spinal injuries, sports injuries, orthopaedic injuries, industrial disease, stress claims and vascular injuries.
In Hassler v Capper he won damages for his client of four million euros in a settlement approved by the court after a contested liability trial.
Anthony’s practice is evenly spread representing both claimants and defendants and which gives him a good insight into both sides of any dispute.
Anthony is a member of the Personal Injury Bar Association.
cases & work of note
- A Hodgson -V- Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust (1) Anglian Community Enterprise Community Interest Company (2) – alleged wrongful death due to DVT due to hospital negligence – settled
- A Purser -V- The Commissioning Board and North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group – alleged negligent hip replacement operation settled for in excess of £100,000.
- Snape v MoD – alleged clinical negligence by army doctors in Iraq, settled for a substantial sum
- E J S G Leach (As PR of the estate of Mr O R Leach deceased) -V- Cwm Taf University Health Board – alleged surgical negligence – settled
- P Barr -V- University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust – alleged negligence regarding cancer – ongoing
- Sakaria v St Georges Hospital (2015) claim for alleged negligent failure to identify cancer and claim in excess of £800,000 settled for less than £200,000.
- R Rowley -V- George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust – alleged clinical negligence claim worth £350,000 settled for less than £100,000
- A Haines -V- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Local Health Board – alleged clinical negligence claim for in excess of £200,000 settled for substantially elss than £100,000.