Essential Inquest Law Update 11.10.18
11th October 2018
Serjeants’ Inn Chambers is pleased to be hosting two seminars by Bridget Dolan QC and Briony Ballard in October 2018.
These practically focused seminars will provide an update refresher on the recent law and its practical application and are primarily devised for solicitors who represent interested persons at inquests.
The seminars provide an essential update on the important cases for coronial law over the past year and will consider how these recently decided cases impact upon practice in the Coroners Courts.
Issues covered will include:
- Hospital deaths and Art 2 (Fernandes, Parkinson)
- A new standard of proof for suicide and unlawful killing? (Maughan)
- Scope of the inquest (Hambleton)
- The extent of the Inquest Lawyer’s obligations (Shaw v Leigh Day)
- Recovering Inquest costs (Douglas)
- Challenging a PFD report (Siddiqui)
- Challenging the inquest and JR Costs (Power, Hopkins, Moore, Adath Yisrosl Burial Society)
Thursday 11th October 2018
Venue: Serjeants’ Inn Chambers, 85 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1AE
5.30pm-7.30pm (1.5 CPD points) with drinks and canapés to follow.
Please email email@example.com or fill in the form below to secure a place .
Back to index