“She can take complex cases and identify the kernel of the issues.”
The Legal 500
Sarah is a leading advocacy trainer both nationally for her Inn and in running the annual South Eastern Circuit “Keble” Advocacy Course, and internationally.
experience & expertise
Sarah’s police practice encompasses disciplinary and criminal proceedings, human rights, judicial review, sex offender and ASBOs, firearms appeals, proceeds of crime matters and general operational and other advisory work for force solicitors and senior police officers.
Illustrative experience includes:
- Re X (2022-ongoing): Disciplinary case – rape and sexual assault.
- Re W (2018): Disciplinary case – dishonesty case.
- Re 4 officers: Representing the MET in Disciplinary Proceedings involving serious allegations against senior officers from the Territorial Support Group.
- Re F (2016): Leading Junior, representing TVP in Disciplinary Proceedings involving important legal argument on the lawfulness of covert surveillance evidence in the context of a disciplinary investigation and whether in breach of Article 8 ECHR. Successfully resisted application for exclusion of this evidence and for proceedings to be stayed as an abuse of process. Contested expert evidence and successful application to exclude defence expert evidence on grounds of failure to comply with Experts’ Protocol.
- Webb (2015): Representing the MET in Disciplinary Proceedings arising from Counter Corruption Unit investigation.